- Stay calm and do not leave the scene of the accident. Leaving the scene of an accident may be illegal.
- If necessary, get medical assistance or police assistance or call 911.
- Do not admit fault.
- Limit your conversation with the other driver to an exchange of information:
Get names, phone numbers of all the other parties involved in the accident. If the name on an auto registration is different than the driver, jot down the relationship.
Write Make, model, year and license plate number of each vehicle.
Obtain all insurance information including the company, policy number and any insurance agent contact information the driver can provide.
- Obtain names and contact information for any witnesses to the accident.
- Photograph damage to your car and the other vehicles involved in the accident. Also take photos of the accident location and the people involved.
- File an insurance claim.
- If injured, call Cardona Chiropractic at (503) 352-0265, where you will be seen at your convenience.
- Do not sign any document(s) before speaking with us. You could be agreeing to sign away your rights.
- With out regard for fault, drivers and passengers in a motor vehicle collision have the right to receive medical / chiropractic treatment for their injuries.
- If you do not seek treatment on a timely basis after the accident, you could be putting in jeopardy the benefits you are entitled to receive under an insurance policy.
- With out regard to your immigration status, you have the right to see a medical / chiropractic provider for your injuries.
- You have the right to choose the medical / chiropractic provider that takes care of you, the attorney that represents you and the body shop / mechanical shop that repairs your automobile.
- Do not trust anyone that tries to force a decision not of your choosing.
- If you have moved from another state, make sure that you transfer your auto policy to your current state of residence, in this case Oregon. This will assure that you have medical benefits in the event you are injured in a motor vehicle collision. This is apart from any third party benefits you may be entitled to receive.
- If you live in the State of Washington, make sure that you have personal injury protection coverage (PIP) on your policy. This will ensure that you have medical benefits in the event that you are injured in a motor vehicle collision. This is apart from any third party benefits you may be entitled to receive.