Dr. Julio Cardona
Dr. Cardona’s long-standing tradition of treating all patients with compassion, kindness and understanding, while using expertise and knowledge, has made him one of the most sought after injury and accident experts in the Portland Metro area.
Dr. Julio Cardona was born in Barranquilla, Colombia and grew up in Los Angeles, CA. Since very young, his favorites sports are swimming, surfing and martial arts. He is a bicultural, fully bilingual English/Spanish chiropractor with over 15 years of experience specialized in auto accident and work injuries
Dr. Cardona did his undergraduate training at Loyola Marymount University graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Biology. He later attended Palmer College of Chiropractic, West, graduating in 2000. He was awarded the prestigious Clinical Excellence Award upon graduation. He is a graduate of The Spine Research Institute of San Diego.
His initial postgraduate training involved working at a multidisciplinary clinic with orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, physiatrist and pain management specialists. This allowed Dr. Cardona to develop a unique approach that is not common in the chiropractic profession. Dr. Cardona regularly consults and refers to other medical professionals on cases that require more than just conservative care.
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, CA
- B.S. Degree-Biology, 1985
Palmer College of Chiropractic, West, San Jose, CA
- D.C. Degree, 2000
- Clinical Excellence Award
- Spine Research Institute of San Diego, 2011 & 2013
- Industrial Disability Evaluator, State of California
- Certified, AMA Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, Fifth Edition, State of California
- Qualified Medical Evaluator in the State of California, 2002 to 2005
- Whiplash Injury Biomechanics and Traumatology from the Spine Research Institute of San Diego
- Diagnosing head trauma
- Biomechanics for Motor Vehicle Accident impacts